Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The n00b is a Loot Whore

Last night was a great night for my Kara team. In 3 hours we polished off all the bosses up to the Curator and everyone was really happy with how things turned out. Except... me, I was ecstatic! Because I was a terrible, terrible loot whore. So much so, that unless no one else wants anything for the two weeks or so, I'm not rolling on anything!

So it started out okay -- Purples were dropping and many were dupes, so people were taking them as backups. I did so myself, after the Moroes fight I grabbed:

[Emerald Ripper]

A nice Dagger, I don't normally use daggers, but as a back up for when I need two weapons for some kind of double Mana Oil application or something like that, it could be useful.

The we get to The Curator... we get to him at 9:20PM with the raid scheulded to be over by 9:30PM, Curator down my 9:26PM.

What does he drop?

These:

[Gloves of the Fallen Hero]

[Garona's Signet Ring]

Now, as a n00b, I don't feel like I deserve either, but no one wants the ring so I get it by default... and its a really nice upgrade for me, but then I roll for my very first item of Tier 4 Gear and my 71 holds up against four other rolls... and now I feel very guilty, with my [Demon Stalker Gauntlets] I think I should post in Guild chat that I will not be accepting any more purples until I can pass on at least one tier 4 gear or two epics... or should I just shut up and take what comes to me?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take it as it comes! We're not meant for the shy approach. All guns blazing is a bit more hunter. So roll, roll, roll yer dice. You deserve phat lewt more than anyone else, because YOU have a pet. And if thats not the coolest thing in game, then I'm rolling ret pally.

Anonymous said...

Well.. might as well be happy now as your next 20 rolls will probably not win you anything.
It's all up the the Gods of Dice so just enjoy it while you can. ;)

That said: i only pass on gear if it is a very minor upgrade for me but a big one for a Guildmate.

Guitgoin said...

I read this a while back, but just this weekend I had a similar thing happen. Thursday I finished up my Kara attunement, and Friday out of nowhere, I get an invite to my guild's Kara raid 2. Well of course I accepted, and being the noob hunter, I kinda just helped out the main hunter and gave as much DPS as possible. Then as the loot gods would have it, I end up getting four epics out of the run, gloves, shoulders, a neck piece, and the wolf slayer rifle. (The other hunter with us already had the same or better gear.) The next night we go back and down Prince, who then drops the tier 4 helm, but in this case due to all the epics that dropped, I wasn't able to roll/ sorta passed. After all, 4 epics in a raid is enough right? That's sort of how I feel, but it's not like anyone was going to use those drops I did get... I guess I should be happy with the nice gear I did get...

The Eternal n00bie said...

As my sad tale of last night's Karazhan proves, you take it when you can get it. So gratz on all your loot. Enjoy.