Friday, August 17, 2007

Alas Kulkinski, we hardly knew ye

Well, I knew it had to be coming, this news from Mania's Arcania confirms that "The Scorpid Trick" is soon to be dead:

Bulldazhor was kind enough to let us know that this latest update to the PTR has also included some changes to the scorpid skill Scorpid Poison:

  1. Scorpid Poison Rank 5 now does 55 damage over 10 seconds (instead of 44 damage over 8 seconds). This will make it easier to keep Scorpid Poison stacked when using Rank 5.
  2. However, fewer hunters will be interested in keeping Scorpid Poison stacked since its damage no longer seems to scale with hunter RAP to the same extent that it did before.

In other words, it looks like the days of using the Scorpid Poison stacking trick to inflict massive amounts of damage in a long fight are over … or will be when Patch 2.2 goes live, anyway.



So, my Pet Scorpid, Kulkinski (named after a notorious mafia hitman who used poison to kill his victims) will probably be abandoned in favor of a Ravager. The first time I pulled out Kulkinski, after I had trained him, was for a Kara run in which I was a replacement on our guilds Kara 1 team. It was their first attempt at Illhoof and they one-shotted him and Kulkinski did over 100,000 damage. I was hooked on that pet from then on... of course, he's ugly as sin and I only pull him out for instances, but he does a lot of damage.

Since I was the only Hunter in my Guild to train one of these bad boys, I suppose I will be losing something that I felt was uniquely me, even if it is butt ugly.

2 comments:

Guitgoin said...

Awww, come on man, it is a terrible shame that Blizz is nerfing the Scorpid Poison. But to call your scorpion ugly? Shame!! LOL, I have my scorpion from Silithis (the silver and blue one) and I absolutely love how he looks. They're even cooler looking when they're swimming. But do you think that a scorpid will still be viable to use more of a tank pet? They'll still have claw and the nerfed Scorpid Poison on top of their nice armor bonus.

The Eternal n00bie said...

Ok, I looked at the Sithilis Scorpid and they are a lot better looking than the Shadowmoon Scorpid, but at 70, I didn't have much of a choice. As for Tanking, yeah the armor is great, but I really like my Warp Stalker, and her armor is almost as much, plus she warps!
I have been lacking a high DPS pet since I trained the scorpid, so it's either Kulkinski the scorpid or Crystal the Warp Stalker and I just like that whole warp thing.