Tuesday, September 4, 2007

You don't have to be the best, but you do have to be good


Here is the worst secret ever kept: I am not the best hunter in the world. I am not the best hunter on my server, I'm not even the best hunter in my guild. But I read, I study, I have learned my class and now I am a damn good hunter, I've even been called uber by one deranged person.

In World of Warcraft, being the best is not needed. Doing your best is. Take the time to learn to play your main and any high level alts you have. Research strategies and put some time and effort into it and you may be rewarded with people who want to and enjoy playing with you.

If you have tried all those things and people still don't want to group with you, if you just don't have an innate talent for the class you're playing it may be time to re-roll -- test the waters and see if there is another class more to your liking. If you have rolled every class and you still suck, hey switch to Age of Conan, at least you may get laid!

I figure I'm kinda preaching to the choir here, because if you are here, chances are you found me from some better fount of information than my short blog has to offer. But I give most of my post as much effort as I possibly can and I hope that they are helpful to all of us who feel a little left out.

So whatever you choose to do, work hard, put in some effort and try to do good. It will be appreciated.

2 comments:

Exanimo said...

I find my skill depends highly on the day. I consider myself a good Hunter, surely there are better ones out there (not want to compare equipment because that doesnt say a damn thing) but i can hold my own quite well.
On some nights tho i make one silly mistake after the other. mostly killing myself luckily...
does that make me a bad Hunter? I think not, perhaps a bad player at that moment but generaly i tend to give my Class a better name. (and boy.. do us Hunters need that)

Exa @ fulltimewow.blogspot.com

The Eternal n00bie said...

I couldn't agree more, Exanimo. Last night was a perfect example, after ending our run through Kara at 12:30AM, I went with some friends on our alts through Stockades.

And by 1:30AM I couldn't find any of the buttons I needed -- I mean looking for Arcane Shot while your playing a Shammy is pretty bad! (Just Joking)

I did get to use resurrection for the first time last night and damn that is really cool!