Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The legacy of heroes is the memory of a great name

We have only fought The Wizard of Oz event three times. We almost always get Romulo and Julianne when we hit the Opera. Last night was our third shot at the Crone and she obligingly dropped [Legacy]. I did a little dance, everyone rolled on the legacy but me, and somehow I wound up getting it anyway. (It seems we have gotten into the habit of when a really good item drops for a specific class everyone rolls on it just to freak them out.)
I had a guildie pop Savagery on that thing and now my Ranged attack power is 1,763 with a DPS of 345.7 (with Aspect of the Hawk).
Actually it was a great run with no wipes, however, when after Moroes was killed all the healers must have been too busy comparing their own gear to the loot to keep garrote from killing me.

Me: Ummm guys, my healths getting a little low here.
No response
Me: I'm about to die
No response
Death
Them:Oops, sorry about that Merv.

Then Minutes later, I accidentally double tabbed and sent the pet into the dancing party beyond the elite we were attacking and all the sympathy I had earned for that wasteful death was squandered by... being a n00b.

“The legacy of heroes is the memory of a great name and the inheritance of a great example.”

Benjamin Disraeli (British Prime Minister) 1804-1881

1 comment:

Exanimo said...

Gratz with the Legacy :)
Had mine drop for me yesterday aswell (altho the other Hunter was pretty sure it was his... but hey, i had that with various lootdrops before ;) )
Good thing i got some loot for my own motivation as i didn't wanted to go anyway (was helping out) and my screen was more in black&white then color it seemed. (i was pulling and the tank wasn't quite with us)