Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Patch Day... a love/hate relationship

This patch day, more so than others will be hard on me. And not because I have the worst OS in the world (Windows Vista) and patching always seems to take twice as long with it.
I need to get my Mac upgraded so that I can use that as my primary computer.
No, what I really hate is all of my add-ons that I have grown to NEED not working. On top of that, this patch makes my poor Kulkinski a door stop.

I have to work late tonight and will get home just in time to get the patch up and running before Karazhan, which means I will probably run with the scorpid again tonight and make certain that he has been nerfed.

Now I will freely admit that the scorpid, even with the poison nerf, is not a bad pet. High armor, a nice stacking attack, even an open slot for cower. But the poor thing can't learn dash or charge or warp or dart or anything that gets him to the MoB faster -- and I'm not a patient man. So, since I try to keep a DPS, a balanced and a tank pet as my trio and pull them out accordingly, I will probably be keeping my Warp Stalker as the Tank, which means poor Kulkinski will be confined to the nether.

But, if you like me are having some problems with patch day depression read this Comic,
It should cheer you up.

2 comments:

Guitgoin said...

So I'm wondering if you got a chance to test out your scorpid since the patch... I haven't tried mine out, as it was reserved for my Kara runs, and also with a quick spec change, I don't know how I can accurately compare its effectiveness to pre-patch dps.

Anonymous said...

I run Vista too and I totally feel for you. And then my favorite add-ons also did not work. Since the patch release they updated them, so I'm up and running again. It's crazy how dependent on them I am. :)