Friday, December 7, 2007

Without internet, do we exist?

Arggghhh! for the last week I have had severely limited service to the internet as my throughput of cable seems to have been throttled back to nothing!

Generally in the afternoon, we have some TV on the cable boxes and some connection to the internet, but not really enough to play WoW. By 8PM, the cable boxes are useless messes of pixelation and the cable modem is a doorstop.

Comcast comes today to hopefully fix the problem, but I don't have high hopes... I think they are going to tell me that the cable has to be re-run from the hub... which means under three driveways and the last time that happened it took three months to complete.

Verizon did lay fiber optic in front of my house, so if it really becomes a problem, I can go that route.

But what about poor Mervyn (and Kelvyn my level 34 Shaman who is exploring Dustwallow Marsh) do they still exist if I have no connection to them?

I suppose as long as no one logs in as me and types "DELETE" they are probably somewhere in the nether.

It's just I miss them -- hopefully I'll be back soon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well if your like me you probably have a list of household jobs that have been hanging over your head.

This might be a good time to get them out of the way. Think of it as a feign death to avoid graining wife aggro :)

Exanimo said...

I even canceled my internet shortly after i bought a new house so i would be sure to actually start packing and get prepared.
(Took quite a dose of willpower)
Like previous poster said: try to get some jobs done, will give you more playtime later.

The Eternal n00bie said...

I actually did get a lot done.

I was working on some photo stuff for gifts and I got to spend some time with my wife doing her favorite thing (Watching TV). Which earned me a few WoW anti-spouse aggro points. Course, now its back and she's lost me again!