Thursday, November 8, 2007

Being a n00b is better than being a jerk!

So our Kara team is taking a little break -- we were going to take two weeks off, but it looks like it will be only a week as we will start up Zul'Aman when 2.3 drops on Tuesday.

In the meantime, four of us decided we would spend Tuesday running heroics. That left one spot for pugging and since we had two hunters, a priest, and a feral druid, we really needed a mage. We picked Slave Pens and started looking for a fifth. We found one and summoned him using the summoning stone did a /inspect and see that he was wear all blues and greens. We agreed that he was not quite ready for heroics and asked him to leave. He understood, we apologized, he opened a portal and off he went -- no hurt feelings -- at least not too badly. I'm sorry to say I don't remember his name, because he was cool about it.

I do however remember the name of the mage we picked to replace him and if you're on Hyjal and send me a tell I'll spill the name so you know not to group with this person.

This fire mage shows up and certainly doesn't bring the DPS like I do, on par with our MM hunter though and the sheep are nice. The first sign of trouble comes when our Priest fears a sporebat into another group.

Look, the pet was on the bat, but intimidation was on CD and I couldn't get the pet off of the squishy who was about to die so he cast fear. It's a shame that it happened we tried to stay up, but we wiped. It happens. This mage types, "That was really bad, guys."

Without further incident we got to Mennu the Betrayer and got him down with no significant problems. Our mage's typed response, "That took too long".

About 5 minutes later I pulled aggro on a pat because I backed up a little too much. We wiped again. On our way back to the instance, I noticed our mage disconnected. She never came back.

She just decided she didn't want to be a part of our group anymore and instead of saying to us, "Guys, I don't like the wiping, I'm leaving." She pulled this passive aggressive BS on us and we wound up waiting for 10 minutes to see if she would reconnect and then another 10 while we found a replacement (another Feral Druid, who off-tanked what the mage would have sheeped).

And of course, we rocked the instance and got through it without another wipe.

I just got really irate at this person and their jerky attitude. I would much rather people say about me, "He's a n00b, he backs up into pats (but he does bring the DPS)." Then saying, "He's a jerk, he says disparaging things to his party mates and drops out of instances without comment."

2 comments:

Exanimo said...

We managed to wipe in instances with a close to perfect group containing some of our finest players.. why? Being overconfident mostly, being focus on 4 raids a nights doesn't often leave much space for another day of being on your toes.
Luckily we can laugh about it, in fact we seem to have more fun if we manage to wipe a couple of times in the dumbest ways. :)

5mans are relaxing fun for me, even Heroics. A while back we had a tank in greens which the Priest could barely keep up with just 1 mob on him... this forced me to use double trapping alot, kitting, ping-ponging with pet, u name the tricks. I can tell you i was beat at the end of the run. We managed to not wipe but i was exhausted, i'd rather be more relaxed at the end and have a slightly higher repairbill. ;)
(omg... wasted a perfect long post here, should have used it on my own blog darn)

Amava said...

You're right on with this post. I just don't get it when other people behave like this. I honestly don't understand why they choose to play a group game, they seem so tense and bitter.

To shine a ray of sunshine on the situation...thursday night, I ran Slave Pens for the first time. Not heroic, as we're all mid-60's, but any ways...I had an awesome group. Everybody played nice, no bickering, everybody stuck to the burn order. I think somebody broke my trap maybe once the whole night, and that was during a chaotic patrol where we didnt even have the guy marked for freezer so its totally ok she broke it, and even then, she apologized for breaking the trap.

And to top it off, we wiped maybe 6 or 7 times. And everybody stayed cool and positive and "lets go back in there and give em hell".

Makes such a difference to have mature, positive attitudes first, and then skilled players second, and then phat lootz last.